 Robotics / Handy Board / 7804
    Household Positioning System Re: DGPS
   (...) How about a beacon system. Each room can have 3 or so beacons high on the wall. Each beacon flashes at 38Khz and each beacon modulates this 38KHz with its own personal code. The top layer of your robot would have 3 or 4 directional sensors (...) (24 years ago, 9-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS —Ray Tang
     Cool idea. Do you have it working? Or do you have a schematic that is somewhat working? If so, I want to test out how accurate it will be. It will be fun to use the LED as landmarks in the building. -- Ray <handyboard@media.mit.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 10-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS —Anders Johansson
   (...) Some years ago i wrote the presentation part of a prototype system based on ultrasonic beacons. the beacons were plugged into wall outlets and transmitted their ID:s, i can't remember the details but the beacons were syncronized by (...) (24 years ago, 11-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Household Positioning System Re: DGPS —Ray Tang
   Actually, I am going in that direction. I was trying to use the ultrasonic transducer to produce a signal and then use two detector to triangulate the location. That wasn't much of a success. I will need to redo the parts. I want to try using more (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)