 Robotics / Handy Board / 775
774  |  776
Subject:
buffalo on HB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 29 Sep 1996 12:40:19 GMT

Hello All!

I know it sounds perverse *not* to use IC, but I want to give students
exposure to direct machine-language access in a revised
"peripherals and interfacing" course using HBs.

Can anyone give me specific advice about getting the BUFFALO monitor (from
the Motorola freeware site) to work with a HB?  The supplied versions (2.5,
3.2, 3.4) seem to write to the LCD display and then lock. Undoubtedly this
is due to a basic difference between a Motorola EVB and the HB, but I would
appreciate some short-cut advice.

PCbug11 works fine, but is not supported by any of the nice development
environments such as PDE6811.

Thanks in advance!
   Ronan Scaife, Speech Engineering Laboratory, School of Elec Eng,
              Dublin City University, Dublin 9, IRELAND
========ph: +353-1-7045434=================fax: +353-1-704 5508=======