 Robotics / Handy Board / 7699
7698  |  7700
Subject:
IR decode disabling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:06:25 GMT

Hi everybody,

  I try to disable the IR decoding, as it is written in lib_hb.c that it take
11% of CPU time, and that it is default ON. So I add the line at begin of
main :
bit_clear(0x39, 0b00000010);
to disable it. I noticed no improvement, but when I'm disabling the LCD with
bit_clear(0x39, 0b00000001);
I noticed a gain of 1%, as it is written in lib_hb.c
So I'm wondering if there is anything else to do to disable IR decode.

  I first think it wasen't by default ON, so I add the line :
bit_set(0x39, 0b00000010);
to check this, but my prog wasen't slowed down.

  I hope that someone can help me disabling IR decode, I really need this 11%,
or confirm me that it is OFF by default.

  In advance, thank you.

P.S. : please forgive my english, I think you guess it isn't my mother tongue.