 Robotics / Handy Board / 7656
Re: Handyboard in mix with SSC II Servo Controller
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:23:04 GMT

Hi,

There are several steps you should follow.
1..Download the 9600 serial driver form
http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-
board/software/serial.html
remind you that if you use SSC controllers, download the inverted version.

2...Refer to you SSC manual, connect the serial in pin to PA7 of handyboard,
PA7 is the digital input9 of HB. Then connect the ground pin to the ground of
HB, if you do not know where it is, refer to the HB manual, there are lots of
GND pin on HB.

3...After connecting everything, load the driver you downloaded into HB,
remember to put it in libs directory.

4...A new function will appear, named pa7i9600. Just use this function to sent
signals to SSC. An example like following:

pa7i9600(255)
pa7i9600(3)
pa7i9600(167)

total 3 signals to call a servo move, the first bit is for initialise the SSC,
the second one is the servo number, and the last on is the position you want
it to go.

Hopes help!!!!!

Frankie Lai 97139371d@polyu.edu.hk

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, Zheng Xu writes:
Hi,

We are trying to conntect Handyboard to SSC II Mini Servo Controller so we can
control more servo motors. Can anyone tell us how to connect these two pieces
and work them together?

Also, where is the serial output of the Handyboard, and ground?

thanks in advance,

Zheng