 Robotics / Handy Board / 7630
7629  |  7631
Subject:
resistor pull-up help!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 05:50:21 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect a pair of GP2D12 to my handyboard. I know there is an
issue with the handyboard pull-up resistors and these devices so I figured
I'll try to use the unused LEGO sensor connectors on my expansion board (I
don't have any LEGO sensor anyway).

So I removed the resistor pack RP2 on my expansion board. According to my
understanding of the expansion board layout, those are the one providing the
pull-up for the 4 LEGO input, RP2 is a 10Kx5 used only for this purpose.

And of course it's not working :^(. I still got a 255 (251 to be exact)
readout on analog 28-31 without anything connected and I was expecting to
read 0 from there... And because of that my GP2D12 are still not working
correctly.

What did I miss? What else should I do to transform these into floating
inputs?

-- Eric