 Robotics / Handy Board / 7606
Re: windows nt and handyboard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:11:39 GMT

I am also using the icwin from newton labs and that works fine also.  Although I have
not tried it under win2k, which I must do soon.

--peter

Dirk Stueker wrote:

lourdes Costa wrote:

Please, someone that is working with the handyboard and windows nt can tell me
if do you have any problem in communicating the serial port with the
handyboard?

Actually I am working with Linux, but I gave it a try and it worked just
fine.
I tested with MS Windows NT Workstation 4.0 Service Pack 5. Just open a
command
prompt and use this ic-version.
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/projects/handy-board/software/pcode_pc.zip

There is no admin-account needed. Perhaps you will have to check
permissions on
the serialport. An easy way is to connect a modem and check if the
required user
account is able to dial out. In this case, just connect the Handyboard
to the same
port and start ic (or dl which proved to work properly as well). If the
user cannot
dial out, you will probably have to check your RAS-Setup.

Hope this helps.
Dirk
   Dirk Stueker      Zietenstr. 36      26131 Oldenburg        Germany
   Department of Computer Science              University of Oldenburg
   Tel. & Fax: +49 / 441 / 5 39 35
Home-P: http://condor.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/stueker
E-Mail: stueker@gmx.de     (=dirk.stueker@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de)