 Robotics / Handy Board / 7603
7602  |  7604
Subject:
Polaroid setup w/ exp board...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 05:06:40 GMT

Hello,

I am trying to setup the 6500 polaroid sonar package, but am having
a little difficulty. I've soldered a .1uF cap (electrolytic)
into the C7 space on the ranging board, connected a 22g wire
from J12 to input 7, etc., etc.

My problem is in getting the transducer to "click" which would
correspond to its sending out a ping. I seem to get nothing when
I attach the two (pos and neg) leads to the "clips" on transducer.
However, it appears that I'm able to induce a clicking effect (when
testing using the sonar_display()) if i remove the neg lead and
make the connection using my hand (holding the end of the neg lead) to the
perimeter of the td.

It sounds weird I know, but I'm a little lost... any help would
be greatly appreciated!

Also,  Are there any standard rules of thumb when connecting the burndy
wiring, caps, transducer leads in this setup? Anyone else have any
similar problems that they were able to overcome? Could my digital IC
on the ranging board be bad?

Thanks,

John Wynne