 Robotics / Handy Board / 7578
7577  |  7579
Subject:
Expansion board problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:56:56 GMT

  Hi,
    Just finished my exp board, checked over all connections twice and looked
    for shorts, installed it, turned on the board and attempted to download the
exp
    libs. Wellll when I turnned the board on to start downloading the LCD was
just squares across the top,
    but the green power light was on like the processor was online but the
beeper didnt beep on board start though, can the power be online and the
processer not?....any way tryed reinstalling pcoder , no luck, so I
removed
    the exp and turned it back on with the LCD on the HB and it worked fine and
    would talk to IC. But with the exp board on the hb wont communicate with IC
or the screen. Is there a special procedure for installing the Exp or and any
    suggestions?HELP?

    Thanx in advance.-Alex

PS, Check over the board with a fine tooth comb and no shorts (at least obvious
shorts) removed all IC from the board and tried it and it did the same thing.
Could it be the board itself or the resistors and diodes which were the only
thing left on the board? the one polarized cap on the board is in the right way
to.

Thanx for you responses again..-Alex