 Robotics / Handy Board / 7570
    Hexapod servo supply —Frankie Lai
   Hi all, I am now building a hexapod robot. There is something wrong on the servos preformances. Actually, my robot weights 1.6kg, and by calculations my servos can support up to 2.5kg with normal operations. But when I connected the 6v dc supply for (...) (25 years ago, 10-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Hexapod servo supply —Adam Oliver
   I had a very similar problem with my robot. When the servos are under high load (ie holding up your robot) and you try to move them all at once, the current drawn is quite large. I never actually measured how large, but large enough to destroy a 1A (...) (25 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)