 Robotics / Handy Board / 7565
Re: GP2D02/GP2D12 w/o expansion board
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 20:04:11 GMT

When using the GP2D02, you are using port A, pin 5 and port A, pin 0.  That's
where the PA0 and PA5 terminology comes from.  I wrote that particular piece on
the Acroname website, so I apologize for not being more clear.

And yes, it is necessary to cut a trace to remove the pullup resistor when using
the GP2D12 on one of the analog ports.  You can fix it later very easily if need
be.

Gary Livick
Tiny HC11 products for your robot
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Joe Kopena wrote:

From http://www.acroname.com/robotics/info/examples/GP2D02-2/GP2D02-2.html :
    "This example assumes that port PA5 on the Handy Board was connected to
    the input of the GP2D02 detector and that port PA0 on the Handy Board was
    connected to the output of the GP2D02 detector."

What do PA0 and PA5 refer to?

And when using the GP2D12, it's necesary to cut the resistor pullup out of the
circuit for the port that the sensor is plugged into, correct? Thus making the
port useless for the typical light and reflectance sensors that would
otherwise be easily used in that port?

Thx again!

(I promise that I'll eventually contribute something useful to the community
to make up for all of my questions :)