 Robotics / Handy Board / 7551
RE: light sensors
Newsgroups:
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:46:51 GMT

Email : mailto:ericson.mar@csfb.com
Skymail : mailto:7781025@skytel.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Brouillette [SMTP:breeyet@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 10:24 PM
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Re: light sensors

Hi,
Light sensors are about the easiest of any type to hook to a HandyBoard.
You
can get inexpensive photo transistors at Radio Shack and put three of them
in
a configuration where one is pointing straight ahead and the other two are
pointing about 30 degrees to the left and right.  If the center one is
brightest go straight ahead, If the left one is brightest, turn left until
the center one sees a brigther value, and so on.

Good luck,
Barry

P.S. They are sold as 'Infra Red Phototransistors' but they work fine with
visible light as well. They are very sensitive so it shouldn't be any
problem
to have a small flashlight bulb on 'Momma' and that should be plenty of
light
for 'Baby' to home in on.

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, KIM LEE JUNG <kim6@cooper.edu> writes:
Hi,
has anyone experimented with light sensors?  My group is working on a
mama and a baby robot this semester and would like to control baby's
movement by using sometype of sensors.  We are thinking of mounting sonar
sensor to the mamabot so that it could navigate around the room and maybe
mount light generating source so that babybot could follow the light.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Lee

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.