 Robotics / Handy Board / 7521
    Re: HB's mA consume? —William Bain
   If your calculations are correct, and your solar panel provides 40 mA, and you get maybe 6 hours of strong, useful sunlight per day, then I figure you'd need eight solar panels and three battery packs, minimum, to keep the HB running all the time, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        RE: HB's mA consume? —Jose Luis
     Thanks your answer Will, well, seems not easy to give a good use to a solar panel in the HB If I want to connect the a panel to the HB charging circuit, it must be 12V/500mA like the AC adaptor? or with less current (maybe 200 mA) , it can still use (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        RE: HB's mA consume? —Chuck McManis
   Well, you can _greatly_ increase the efficency of the handyboard if you remove the 7805 regulator and replace it with a PowerTrends switching regulator (Digikey sells these among others). I would suggest you run three wires from the regulator to the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)