 Robotics / Handy Board / 7455
  Memory Problems

Hi everyone, Does anyone know exactly how many lines of code can fit on the board before IC begins to run out of memory?? I can't seem to find an exact figure anywhere. Our robot must have the ability to detect signals from a sony remote control, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Memory Problems

I've seen it said that the IC interpreter takes up about 16K. You have most of the rest for your program. 16K is a LOT of space, and I'd be surprised if you used half of that with what you want to do, provided of course that your grid map is not too (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Memory Problems

When you say "room mapping" it usually means that you've allocated some array somewhere that is huge. --Chuck (...) (25 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)