 Robotics / Handy Board / 7456
Re: Memory Problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:46:45 GMT

I've seen it said that the IC interpreter takes up about 16K.  You have most of
the rest for your program.  16K is a LOT of space, and I'd be surprised if you
used half of that with what you want to do, provided of course that your grid map
is not too refined.

Good luck,

Gary Livick
http://www.teleport.com/~raybutts/

Tommy Thammavongsa wrote:

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know exactly how many lines of code can fit on the board before IC
begins to run out of memory??  I can't seem to find an exact figure anywhere.
Our robot must have the ability to detect signals from a sony remote control,
detect IR emissions, shoot IR at a target, utilize 1 sonar, control 1 servo
motor, control 2 DC motors with encoders, room mapping, and also have an AI to
control everything.  Is this too much to try to fit on the board??  Help
please!!!