 Robotics / Handy Board / 7350
Re: Handy Board Not Responding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 06:28:30 GMT

It is possible to overcharge the HB only if you use the Serial
Interface & Battery Charger board switched into Zap charge
mode. Zap charge mode will fully charge the HB battery in three
hours, after which point the battery will overheat and could
become damaged.

If you use the Serial Interface & Battery Charger board, but in
Normal mode, you can safely leave the battery charging
indefinitely.

You can also safely charge the battery indefinitely if you
connect the AC adapter directly to the HB (i.e., not using the
Serial Interface & Battery Charger board at all).

Of course, all this assumes that you are using the correct type
of AC adapter (should be 12 V, 500 mA -- see the Handy Board
Technical Reference for details).

If you can get your hands on another battery pack, you should
try it and see if that solves the problem. Best of luck!

-- Will

--- Christian Eloy Rendon <cer18@columbia.edu> wrote:
I was using the handy board when it ran out of power. I
decided to charge the
board for 14 hours but I actually left it charging for 17
hours. Afterwards I
tried downloading the pcode_hb.s19 into the board to make
sure it would work.
Unfortunately I kept on getting the time out error. I heard
it was possible to
over charge the board if this is the class what do I do? I
won't have to by a
new battery pack? Or is it possible that something in the
board shorted?

=====
Any sufficiently advanced technology
is indistinguishable from magic.