 Robotics / Handy Board / 7301
7300  |  7302
Subject:
IR Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:10:50 GMT

Greetings,
I've heard mention of the various Sharp IR sensors which can give different
distance readings for different zones. Part of my final year project is to
design and investigate various sensors, but I really have to generate the stuff
myself rather than use ready-made components.

Could anyone out there give me an idea or starting point on how these devices
work? Or how I might go about building something similar, even if it isnt to the
same scale or accuracy.

any help greatly appreciated

thanks
Adam