 Robotics / Handy Board / 7125
  RE: HandyBoard not responding

Hi, I tried to download the pcode under Windows 2000 , but I got the same error. So the problem is not with the COM port, must be something else. When I switch the handyboard on I see squares on the first line of the LCD. Thanks Kalyan -----Original (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard not responding

Kalyan, The gray squares on the LCD simply mean that the HB doesn't have its pcode program loaded. So it doesn't indicate a hardware failure. With Window 2K, were you able to open "Direct to COM1" using HyperTerminal? If no, this definitely (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: HandyBoard not responding

Hi, Finally I found out what happened. One of the pins of the RJ-11 socket on the handyboard was disconnected from the PCB. So I soldered it back and the handyboard is working fine. Thanks for all your help. Kalyan (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)