 Robotics / Handy Board / 7126
Re: HandyBoard not responding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:22:09 GMT

Kalyan,

The gray squares on the LCD simply mean that the HB doesn't have its
pcode program loaded.  So it doesn't indicate a hardware failure.

With Window 2K, were you able to open "Direct to COM1" using
HyperTerminal?  If no, this definitely indicates a configuration
problem with the serial port.

Fred

In your message you said:
Hi,
I tried to download the pcode under Windows 2000 , but I got the same error.
So the problem is not with the COM port, must be something else.
When I switch the handyboard on I see squares on the first line of the LCD.

Thanks
Kalyan

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Taylor [mailto:ntaylor@iname.com]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 1999 5:51 PM
To: Kalyan.Mulampaka@geis.ge.com
Subject: Re: HandyBoard not responding

Kalyan,

It looks to me like you've found your problem ... but unistalling the
software that uses the com port may NOT fix the problem.  You may need
an expert to dig into the registry to find the problem.  Once I have
the Windows CE Server installed, the problem remains until I reformat
the hard drive ... unistalling doesn't release its hook on the com port.

Good luck,
- Nick -

"Mulampaka, Kalyan (GEIS, ASI)" wrote:

Yes ,last week  I installed other software which used com port , but I
unstalled that software later.
I will try disabling and then enabling the com port.
Thanks
Kalyan