 Robotics / Handy Board / 71
    platform —Scott Brown
   I am looking for a mobile platform to attach the handyboard. I was hoping to find a tracked vehicle (such as an R/C model tank) where each track is independently powered with a motor. This would allow steering to be done without a servo and the (...) (29 years ago, 16-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: platform —Tom G. Brusehaver/Consultant Euler Solutions
     (...) I saw a CAT D-9 at Toys R Us for about $30 last weekend. The CAT D-9 is a bulldozer. It is wire controlled with independant track drive. Not sure if it'll work outdoors tho. (29 years ago, 16-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

         Re: platform —Paul E. Rybski
     (...) Ah, this should be the device I saw. It's quite powerful and I think it would work extremely well outdoors. You can remove the trench-digger attachment and the front scoop and you've got a nice little tracked platform to attach a handyboard to (...) (29 years ago, 16-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: platform —Paul E. Rybski
   (...) Check out Toys R Us. There is a really neat series of construction vehicle toys (a bulldozer, frontendloader, dump truck, etc...) which could be used. If you wanted a tracked vehicle, check out the Bulldozer. I've got two of these for the (...) (29 years ago, 16-Feb-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)