 Robotics / Handy Board / 73
Re: platform
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 22:11:47 GMT

On Fri, 16 Feb 1996, Scott Brown wrote:

I am looking for a mobile platform to attach the handyboard.  I was hoping
to find a tracked vehicle (such as an R/C model tank) where each track is
independently powered with a motor.  This would allow steering to be done
without a servo and the tracks would allow movement in an outdoor
environment.  Does anyone know where I can find such a vehicle??

Check out Toys R Us.  There is a really neat series of construction
vehicle toys (a bulldozer, frontendloader, dump truck, etc...) which
could be used.  If you wanted a tracked vehicle, check out the
Bulldozer.  I've got two of these for the Robotics lab right now.  The
motors are geared down quite a bit and they give the vehicle quite a bit
of strength.  With a fresh set of batteries, I can push chairs around the
lab with the silly thing.  I'm at work right now so I can't get you the
toy name and company, but I'll send that up the pipe this weekend when
I'm in the lab.

-Paul

=== Paul E. Rybski ## 1st Yr. Csci Grad Student, Univ of MN, AI & Robotics ===
=== B.A. in Math/Computer Sci, Magna Cum Laude for Project, Lawrence Univ. ===
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~rybski/home.html //\\ "One-trillionth of a surprise = 1
PGP:Finger rybski@cs.umn.edu ======================== picaboo(and a kiloboo is
Email:rybski@cs.umn.edu    //2015 Central Ave NE #336\\ enough to scare you to
Phone:(612)-788-4880      //   Minneapolis,MN 55418   \\ death.)" - Anonymous