 Robotics / Handy Board / 7073
Re: Video Transmitters from JDR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 23:22:29 GMT

[glashan] spake unto the ether:

I live in South Africa and we run on the PAL - I system. Ive got a JVC
multisystem TV which supports PAL,SECAM and NTSC. It has recieving range of
46.25 - 463.25 MHz.

So would the [JDR kit] transmitter work on my TV? would I have to change the
transmitter or just retune my TV?

From the fancy TV receiver you describe, I'd say you wouldn't have
to do anything but select NTSC mode.  The kit is supposed to transmit over
the range of VHF channels 3-7, but my specific kit only does 3-5 (why I
don't know; the tuning slug tops out for me at channel 5).

*Rich*
--
Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D.            | "Aplysia californica" is your taxonomic
Department of Biology, Slug Division | nomenclature.  /  A slug, by any other