 Robotics / Handy Board / 7065
Re: IC trouble - function definition - understand now, Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 19:34:05 GMT

John,
Have been following your problems with function definition.    what is wrong
with this code?  It will print the mseconds but the   if statement does not
work.
Thanks
Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: John Bachman <bachman@anatek.mv.com>
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Date: Saturday, November 13, 1999 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: IC trouble - function definition - understand now, Thanks

Rich got it.  Nested functions was the problem.  I don't recall seeing that • discussed in the IC manual and I think it is OK in C.

Nonetheless, thanks to all for helping this hapless programmer.

John

You have the definition of phony() nested inside the definition
of start().  I don't know what ANSI C and/or C++ let you do, but this is
invalid IC.
*Rich*
--
Richard F. Drushel, Ph.D.            | "Aplysia californica" is your • taxonomic
Department of Biology, Slug Division | nomenclature.  /  A slug, by any • other