 Robotics / Handy Board / 706
Re: Traffic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 16:34:53 GMT

At 10:50 AM 8/22/96 -0500, Clint Laskowski wrote:

BALSAMOT@pab22a.ssd.loral.com (BALSAMO TONY) wrote to the
ROBOT-BOARD mail-list:

How much traffic is there typically on this group?  I have subscribed a few
times and get one or two messages then nothing.  Could my companies server
be a problem?  Please respond directly to me because if I am autonomously
getting dropped from the list for some reason I won't get your reply.
Thanks   balsamo.tony@ssd.loral.com

There hasn't been much traffic in the robot-board mail-list lately... at
least compared to the "good old days." There are now TOO MANY robot-
related mail-lists:

* BEAM
* Rug Warrior
* TC Robots
* Handy Board
* HERO
* TRP Talk
* etc.

IMHO, that is a problem... we robot enthusiasts are becoming too
fragmented... so each group appears to be small... when in fact,
there are many people interested in robots. This is similar to the
split of the <comp.robotics> newsgroup into <comp.robotics.research>
and <comp.robotics.misc>.

I've considered calling on all robot mail-lists to join
back together.

What does anyone else think? No Flames please.

-- Clint

That would realy help people like me who are new to robotics and
don't know where to get info. just my $.02 =:~)
--James

James Barros
Jbarros@isx.com