 Robotics / Handy Board / 702
701  |  703
Subject:
Running IC on an old PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 23:19:07 GMT

"b" == Brian Lavery <blavery@acslink.aone.net.au> writes:

b> Interactive C does not run!  Just loads into memory, then returns
b> to the DOS prompt.  No signon message, no dos errorlevel return,
b> nothing.  Memory available = 580000, more than the 486 laptop has
b> (570000).  The RS232 port is OK - I 'linked the IC software across
b> between the 2 machines.  Dos = MSdos 6.2, same as laptop.  I used a
b> CRC checker to prove the files on the 8088 are the same as the ones
b> still on the 486.

Did you load DOS HIGH in your config.sys?  If so, then
try using LOADFIX when running ic.  This is just a shot in the dark,
so don't be surprised if this isn't the problem.

If this is not the problem, my second suggestion is to get the sources
and recompile them on your PC, and then see if it still doesn't work.

-- James