 Robotics / Handy Board / 6956
6955  |  6957
Subject:
What can I do with a robot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 17:11:30 GMT

A question for all of you fantastic robotics enthusiasts out there:

I have to do a final year project next year, and I'm getting a head start on
designing it. I've been told that I can do pretty much what I like with a
robot, as long as it has a lot of interfacing to external devices and the
like. What I would like to ask, is what else could I possibly hook up?
Currently I'm only looking at an ultrasonic ranging sensor, but I want to
have more. My idea is a wheeled robot which can navigate around engineering
building unassisted, possibly vacuuming, xferring messages and the like. I
really can't go drawing lines or running wires etc...

Any suggestions?

thanks
Adam