 Robotics / Handy Board / 6949
Re: Analog port shaft encoder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 02:57:13 GMT

Rob,
  Another suggestion for debuging your setup would be to write a program
which; 1, anually counts the pulses from the encoder, and writes them to
the lcd screen; or 2, Just writes the state of the encoder input to the
screen (a 1 or 0).  Then you can see if the board is getting the encoder
input.

  I'm not clear on how you are wiring the encoder up to the board.  You
could also try hooking the scope up to the handyboard side of your
current limiting resistor.  This should show you what is actually going
into the microcontrollers input.  If you are not getting a clean 0 - 5
volt signal, you either need to change your circuit, or you can change
the threshold used in the encoder library.

  Also try manually feeding a 1 or 0 to analog input 3 to see if your c
code is working.

  I appologise if these have been off the wall suggestions.  I'm
currently trying to debug a class project, so I'm in a troubleshooting
mode.

Joshua