 Robotics / Handy Board / 6948
6947  |  6949
Subject:
Analog port shaft encoder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 1999 03:30:37 GMT

Hi,

I am having great difficulty trying to get my shaft encoder to work using
both sencdr3.icb or fencdr3.icb driver. I am using the QRB1114 optical sensor
connected to analog port 3 with a current limiting resistor of 330 ohms for
the emmiter and the default 47k pull-up resistor from the Handy board. I've
even tried using a smaller valued limiting resistor of 220 ohms and its still
didn't work ! I' ve loaded the sencdr3.icb into the handy board and  wrote
this little simple test code to see if my encoder work and so far I have no
result, all I got was a 1. I'd appreciated if some one can help me out on
this one, Thanks in advance.

int encoder_test()
           {
            while(1)