 Robotics / Handy Board / 6917
6916  |  6918
Subject:
Handyboard low voltage motor control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 17:07:48 GMT

Hi All,

Most of you guys seem to want more power to control motors, well, I want to
go the other way. I'm looking to drive 1.5v motors with the handyboard.
The lowest voltage the L293 can take is 4.5v (Vmin of Vcc1), and that still
has my motors screaming, even with the minimum PWM from the controller.
Obviously I can take the outputs of the handyboard to my own H bridge, but
I'm looking for an easier way out...

Thanks,
Paul