 Robotics / Handy Board / 6896
    Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY —Nick Taylor
   Great solution Gary! How about just pulling the L293D/SN754410 from the U11 socket, bending pin-8 out and soldering the REALLY BIG battery positive lead to it, then soldering the negative lead to pin-1 without bending it out, and then reinstalling (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: NEW POWER SUPPLY —Gary Livick
   That is the same thing, except much easier. Plus we save donut money. However, we'd have to look at the effect of 7 volts reverse bias on the motor LED's. Plus, we'd have to make real sure not to short the bent pin 8 to the socket underneath it. (...) (25 years ago, 14-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)