 Robotics / Handy Board / 6879
RE: LM35 Again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 01:10:29 GMT

Hi,

    Like an update to my prior email, I have tested the LM35 with an
external power source, with the same bad result.

Any help will be welcome.

Thank You

José Luis

----- Original Message -----
From: Jose Luis <hal9000@cvtci.com.ar>
To: <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 11:08 PM
Subject: LM35 Again

Hi,

I have been trying again to connect the LM35 temp. sensor (10mV/C) to
one of the general-purpose Analog inputs (No pull-up), and I have no
success, the result was the following:

the analog( ) was 121, the equivalent aprox. to 250 C, obviously • incorrect.
the output voltage of the LM35 measured connected to the HB was 2,32 V. ,
which is consistent with the reading I get from analog( ). But if I
disconnect the output from the HB, and read the voltage it is 0,2 V. ,
equivalent to 20 C, which is correct.

So I have no idea why this happen, I have used a Hall effect sensor
(UGN3503, which has also analog output) and no problem, the HB reads it
perfectly and without any adapter.

Well, I hope that someone have some idea to share.

Thank You.

José Luis