 Robotics / Handy Board / 6812
6811  |  6813
Subject:
[OT] HandyBoard batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 02:28:34 GMT

Hi All:

Found:  An excellent source for inexpensive HB batteries.  They are
new 2 AA (800mAh) cells in series for US$0.99 each.  I bought 12
of them for $7.14 ... connected four of them in series and added
a female connector ... added a male connector to the HB.  I deep
cycled them three times and then checked the capacity ... they
averaged 860mAh ... none less that 820mAh.  They are available
from B.G.Micro (BAT1024).  Tip:  you need a fairly high powered
soldering iron to solder to the batteries ... your little 25W
iron you use for circuit board soldering won't generate enough
heat.

I also bought two extra cases from Mouser (537-402-RD).  Now I can
semi-permanently mount the box on each 'bot and easily switch the
HB from 'bot to 'bot using the three screws ... the screw that's
covered by the expansion board is left out ... and have three spare
precharged battery packs on hand.  Great flexibility, utility, and
ease of use!

    http://www.bgmicro.com/
    http://www.mouser.com/

Have fun with your HandyBoards and share your knowledge,
- Nick -