 Robotics / Handy Board / 6765
Re: proximity sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 17:15:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.handyboard, handyboard@media.mit.edu (Gloria Jang) writes:

I am a fourth year EE student at the University of British Columbia.
For my team project, we have to construct a robot which is able to learn
a maze and then find the quickest way to navigate through it.  I was
thinking of only use infrared technology for the proximity sensors, as
opposed to sonar.    Could you provide me with some information
regarding that topic?

  Well, just on the subject of proximity detectors, I have a couple of projects
on my web page that use IR LEDs to do proximity detection.  I have the code for
the PIC based solution posted and a couple of different circuits, including one
for the LEGO RCX.  http://www.verinet.com/~dlc/botlinks.htm.  For the IRPD PIC
code see the PIC based IRPD project, for the LEGO circuits see the Mindstorms
IRPD project.

have fun,
DLC