 Robotics / Handy Board / 6748
Re: Four Wheel Base
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 07:06:39 GMT

I disassembled quite some (lego) models, I also use differential steering. I
position the wheels like most models on a square (so width and length of
wheel base is equal). Funny thing about a square is that a circle can be
drawn from the middle crossing the 4 corners. This is your ideal turning
circle (if the wheels were spheres).

----- Original Message -----
From: Jose Luis <hal9000@cvtci.com.ar>
To: <handyboard@media.mit.edu>
Sent: Monday, September 13, 1999 12:32 AM
Subject: Four Wheel Base

Hi,

Has someone tried a four wheel robot base using diferential traction?, I'm
making this question because I'm not sure of the tree wheel configuration,
in the last base that I made, the caster wheel has ever maked some bad
influence in the robot trajectory, Also my motors are not very powerful so • I
think that with four of them there will be best results. I believe that in
each side of the base the correponding pair of wheels must be enough close
one of the other to allow the robot to turn without problems. I am right?

Thank You

Jose Luis