 Robotics / Handy Board / 6716
RE: Parts List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 14:34:30 GMT

I believe The Robot Store sells the kit for $170...but not including the
Expansion board.  Check the HB site for the site.

Ericson Mar
Global Settlement Systems
CREDIT | FIRST
SUISSE | BOSTON
5 World Trade Center Phone: (212)322-1325
New York, NY Pager: (888)778-1025, Skytel
PIN:7781025
Email : mailto:ericson.mar@csfb.com
Skymail : mailto:7781025@skytel.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Hayward [SMTP:ghayward@cisco.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 1999 9:57 AM
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: Re: Parts List

I have just helped 12 people build up the handy board with expansion board
at a cost of 165 each. But I live in the Heart of Silicon Valley. I was
able to get board and all but five components locally. Those were the
68HC11, LCD, 470 cap, inductor and the IR sensors.
The boards were from Douglas , a local company and very helpful.
The up side of building the board is that you get a chance to really
understand what all the components do, The down side is you get to find
pout what all the components do during debug.

If you have time and the resources to do it on your own and, someone to
ask question of,  this can be a lot of fun.
Good luck with what ever route you take.
Greg H