 Robotics / Handy Board / 6715
6714  |  6716
Subject:
A good toy to hack for the HB?--TIA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:35:57 GMT

Hello all,

The school year's starting and I need to commence my annual science
project.

I wanted a good RC car to hack.  The LEGOs aren't sufficient.  I don't
need speed at all, actually I'd rather it be slow but I can always gear
it down.  But I would like servo controlled steering.  Has anyone bought
an RC car from Radio Shack or something that works well with the HB?  If
not where how could I build a good sturdy base that has servo-controlled
steering?

Also is there a way to have 2 Polaroid Ultra Sonic sensors connected to
one HB?

Has anyone ever connected a regular household smoke detector to the HB?
How would you do it?

What I want to do is have smoke detectors all over my house and have
them connected to an HB so that it can tell another HB what "sector" the
fire is in.  And somehow the robot is supposed to find the room and put
out the fire.  I'm not sure how yet.

Thanks in advance (TIA)

--Peter Eacmen
Boston Latin School