 Robotics / Handy Board / 656
655  |  657
Subject:
How to add more IC lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 1996 17:07:23 GMT

Hi, all

It appears that the proposed expansion board will not have any additional
input capture functions.  I've run out of Input Capture lines on the
Handyboard, so does anyone have a suggestion on which processor could best
be slaved to the Handyboard and provide that IC function?

I found out the PIC16C84 has Output Compare lines, but no Input Capture
lines.  The Basic Stamp also does not allow such interrupts.  Since I use
the Handyboard as a signal processor, I need as many lines (4) in as out,
yet I am loathe to disable the IR and piezo-buzzer to get them.

Thanks for any advice!

-mike

pS.  I looked at the SH7032 Hitachi processor (20 MHz, 32 bit, RISC) eval
board that someone mentioned here recently.  Very impressive!  LOTS of ICs
and OCs.  It was at http://www.hitachi.com, and I understand the eval
board is about $100 US.

* Michael L. Ross/C33 | Lockheed Engineering & Sciences Co.****
* Robotics Department | 2400 Nasa Rd. 1, Houston, TX 77058*****
*(713)333-7094 voice,(713)333-6071 fax*#include <disclaimer.h>*
* Finger me for my public key.  mross@outland.jsc.nasa.gov ****