 Robotics / Handy Board / 6550
Re: Reading Serial Port
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 21:00:01 GMT

David Boosalis <dboosalis@mail.arc.nasa.gov> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

This is not really a HB question, but I am hoping someone here has
experience in it anyway.  My question is in how do you read the Serial
port under Linux.  The Linux HOWTO's give an example, which I show

"Use The Source, Luke".   Check the source code of the downloader in
the Unix port of Interactive C.

#included by <termios.h> */
#define BAUDRATE B921600

I think you want 9600, not 921kbaud (unless you're running your 6811 E
clock at 500 MHz).

  newtio.c_cflag = BAUDRATE | CRTSCTS | CS8 | CLOCAL | CREAD;

No point turning on RTS/CTS flow control--those pins are not driven by
the handyboard.  Depending on your cabling, this may be causing your
problem (lack of CTS-high at the PC end).

See also the Linux "Serial-Programming-HOWTO".

cjb.

--
------------------ Linux hackers do it in protected mode -------------------
| Christopher Biggs - Software Engineer, Stallion Technologies, Australia  |