 Robotics / Handy Board / 6548
    Dead handyboard? —Andrea M Okerholm
   My hb was working fine, I took it on a trip in an antistatic bag. When I took it out of the bag, the battery was completely drained. But as soon as I started to charge it, one of the resistors burned up. So I tried charging it via the interface (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Dead handyboard? —Curt Mills, WE7U
   (...) Antistatic bags are conductive, right? You might have shorted the power to the ground via the bag itself, thereby killing your battery. Once a NiCad cell shorts, then it will can a large amount of current from a charger, possibly killing off a (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)