 Robotics / Handy Board / 6544
    Reading Serial Port —David Boosalis
   This is not really a HB question, but I am hoping someone here has experience in it anyway. My question is in how do you read the Serial port under Linux. The Linux HOWTO's give an example, which I show below. What happens is that it hangs on the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Reading Serial Port —Andrea M Okerholm
     It isn't hanging, it's a blocking read until it recieves some specified number of characters. You can use a non blocking read by specifying O_NONBLOCK, in which case read() will return immediately. The Linux serial programming HOWTO is very good, I (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: Reading Serial Port —Christopher Biggs
   David Boosalis <dboosalis@mail.arc.nasa.gov> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly: (...) "Use The Source, Luke". Check the source code of the downloader in the Unix port of Interactive C. (...) I think you want 9600, not 921kbaud (unless (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)