 Robotics / Handy Board / 6537
  Re: submersible, ballast, depth sensor

(...) reservoir (...) time (...) I'm curious; what is the difference between the "buoyancy tank" and the "resevoir"? I'd think moving air from one tank to another won't actually affect buoyancy. Am I missing something? (...) cylinder (...) That's (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: submersible, ballast, depth sensor

(...) Yes. You missed the "with a hole at the bottom connected to the water" which means that water comes in as you move the air to the reservoir. And this means reducing the effective volume of the submersible but keeping its weight. Just the same (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)