 Robotics / Handy Board / 6516
    something is wrong with my handyboard —Chau Maria Lu
   when I turn on my handyboard, a row of black squares appears on the top line of the LCD screen. I have had friends check for shorts and I have redownloaded the pcode_hb.s19 programs on to the handyboard (as the FAQ part of the handyboard web page (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: something is wrong with my handyboard —Satish Chetty
     Can you put the board in bootstrap mode? (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: something is wrong with my handyboard —Aaron Dwyer
     it sounds like the pcode is going down onto the board, but you may have an open on your lcd header / connector. if you can talk to the board using ic (make it beep or such) then it's just the lcd output. check for open circuits first. (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: something is wrong with my handyboard —Fred G. Martin
     Chau, sounds like either (a) your LCD screen went bad, or (b) there is a bad connection betw the LCD screen and the rest of the HB. fred In your message you said: (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

        Re: something is wrong with my handyboard —Steve Troppoli (ultranet)
   I had a similar problem. In my case, the cause was underneath the board. I had not trimmed one of the components leads enough. When I screwing the board into the case the lead eventually pierced one of the wires going to my Nicad pac. My board would (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jul-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)