 Robotics / Handy Board / 6481
6480  |  6482
Subject:
Stepper Motor problems
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:07:44 GMT

Hi Again,

I've been trying to get two stepper motors to work with my HB, with little
success.
Firstly the software by Peter Harrison does not seem to compile when I try
to load it to the Board.
The error is in line 29; " int left_step_table[cycle_length] =
{48,49,51,50}; " - IC brings up a syntax error.
Looking through the IC manual, I see that there should be no number between
the square brackets, or am I wrong?
when I remove the cycle_length IC brings up a whole lot of errors, mostly
type incompatibilities.
Also is there any way of boosting the current capabilities of the board
without replacing the L293D's ?

I am also looking for a replacment for the ZTX614, as no company seems to
sell it in my area.
Thanks in advance.
Ross