 Robotics / Handy Board / 6472
Re: Subsumption Architecture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 16:05:10 GMT

Hello All:

Reading "Mobile Robots" by Jones & Flynn has gotten me interested in
implementing subsumption architecture (also known as behavior control)
on my HandyBoard.  I've found one site that has related material:
   http://krusty.eecs.umich.edu/cogarch0/subsump/index.html

1.  How many of your are (or have) playing with this programming
method on your HandyBoard.  Please share your experiences, good and
bad.

2.  Are you willing to share code?

3.  Do you have an pertinent links to share?

Nick,

I used Handy Boards in my AI class last year and have several labs
available on the web.  Check out the link:

http://www.cs.swarthmore.edu/~meeden/ai/fall98.html

Then look at the "Lab 3" link for some starter code on subsumption
architecture.

Lisa
--
Lisa Meeden Computer Science Program