 Robotics / Handy Board / 6471
6470  |  6472
Subject:
Problem with accessing analog and digital ports on HB with IC2.81
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 15:35:08 GMT

Hello,

(newbie warning - I've read the FAQ and manuals, but I may still be
missing something very trivial. Still, thanks for making it so far!)

I just bought a handyboard from Gleason Research (with the expansion
board) and started going through the hb and ic instructions. I'm running
ic2.81 on a SGI O2 running IRIX 6.5.

I've succesfully downloaded pcode_hb.s19 (if memory serves correctly)
and when running IC, simple stuff works OK; I can use beeper_on and
beeper_off withouth any problem, printf and a couple of other ones.

On the other hand, I have tried connecting the switches that I received
with the HB and if I test them with a multi-meter they work fine. But I
get no reading on calls like analog(16), or any other ports for that
matter. Also left_button() and right_button() always return the same
thing.

It looks like i've configured ic to look in the right place for the
libraries. I've also moved and reconfigured everything to /usr/local/
directories as in the manual.

Somehow, though, I must still be missing something. In the
examples/instructions, it looks like there should be such functions as
start_button() and stop_button() but those do not appear when I invoke
the 'list functions' command under IC.

My apologies if it's something trivial.

Thanks!

- martin