 Robotics / Handy Board / 6450
6449  |  6451
Subject:
Startup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 1999 04:05:23 GMT

Hi all,
Reading from the tons of the listings, I see that many of you are
veterans in the HB. I recently bought a preassembled HB. I havn't soldered
the battery case to the board, however, I have bought a 12V 500mA external
adapter. I thought I shall ask about downloading the downloader. I tried
the stuff the manual, I can't seem to be even setting the board in
download mode.

The board is NEW. I have three Wintel machines and an old XT
machine which haven't used as yet as it has only a 5.25 drive.

My problem seems that dl and the 95 version of downloader always
keep saying that Worng port or board mode or no response from the board. I
switched off the adapter and tried again. This time dl just waited until I
switched on the power, after which it gave me message something like no
response from board and trying again.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? The leds don't seem to
come on for 0.33 seconds when I hold the STOP button and turn the power
on. I have tried 3 different machine (2NTs and Win95) fearing that the OS
might not be truely releasing the COM ports. Also, turning the power
switch of the boaRD on/off seems to turn on/off couple of yellow LEDs on
the main board or serial interface.

-Satish.
PS: I have another question too. Should I solder the battery pack to the
HB when I connect the adapter to the HB?