 Robotics / Handy Board / 6408
6407  |  6409
Subject:
POLAROID 6500 INCONSISTENT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:37:39 GMT

Hello all,

I have a Polaroid 6500 connected to the HB in the standard and well
documented fashion. It is working and delivers values that approximate the
correct distances. However, it is somewhat inconsistent. For example it
will return a lower (shorter) value when first used. This will gradually
increase and become more accurate. I am using a multi-tic and an average
for the readings in hopes of getting an overall average reading. Has anyone
experienced inconsistent readings from thier sonar? Have they been able to
correct it?

Please help!

Bob Kelly