 Robotics / Handy Board / 6407
Re: 6500 returning dd values
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:00:22 GMT

I'm having the same problem with my expansion board.  When I type
sonar_display(); the numbers start flashing on the LCD.  The numbers are
changing rapidly and appear to be both negative and positive. The numbers
seem to be random as well. I made sure that the init pin matched the init on
the expansion board.  I checked the other pins as well.  I tried replacing
the chips but couldn't even order any because you have to order a minimum of
25 or 50 at 5$ each.  I order the 40$ circuit board instead and hooked it
up.  The new board is doing the exact same thing.  Please help.
Ethan Getz
UNM Electrical Engineering Dept.

From: shsc9801@condor.stcloudstate.edu
To: handyboard@media.mit.edu
Subject: 6500 returning dd values
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 07:51:53 -0500

Hello,  I connected a Polaroid 6500 to my expansion board on my handy board
and tried to test it but it returnes a different value every time, some of
them being odd values (eg -24567).  Heres how it lies - on the 6500 per.
bd. E1 is connected to the 'metal strip' (could not think of the
appropriate name) and E2 is connected to the base (grounded) on the sonar
"speaker".  There has been a 0.1 UFD @ 50 VCD electrolytic capacitor added
in position C7.  Whenever you run any of the programs in sonar.c, when it
checks the distance the sonar "speaker" ticks once.  But, as I said, it
returns odd values never being the same.

Can anyone help?

Scott Sherman
IT Spec. II
St. Cloud State University