 Robotics / Handy Board / 6345
Re: Where can I get a cheap HB?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:53:41 GMT

Jens,

I too built up a pair of Handy Boards from parts I bought myself.  I
concur that the assembled price is around $100 plus or minus for both
the Handy Board and expansion board.  However, the time spent to find
all the components, some of which you may need to buy in quantitiy, and
then build the things is maybe 10 hours or so, and has some frustration
associated with it.  Then of course you may put a resistor pack or a
polarized capacitor in backward, adding some more time to the effort.
If you are handy at building things and like to do it, its fun.  The
instructions are very clear on the Handy Board site, and there are
diagnostic programs to help you find things that don't work as you go.
But if you don't have the two or three weeks it will take to get all the
parts and build the boards, then a preassembled and tested unit is a
real bargain.  In that case, I would suggest you get yours from an
authorized source listed on the Handy Board site.

Good luck,

Gary Livick