 Robotics / Handy Board / 632
  Re: jbmiller and Hammatzu IR

jbmiller wrote: I was also wondering if anyone has played with the Hammatsu IR modulator IC, which was recommended to me by Digital Micro Systems (great tech support!!). It's an IC that has all the de/modulation hardware, collector (less emitter) (...) (28 years ago, 5-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: jbmiller and Hammatzu IR

Hi Patrick, I assume that you're using the stock S4282/LED setup? It is possible to get better range using a slightly different configuration. The range is largely a function of the the LEDs intensity. Since the S4282 modulates the LED at 1/16th (...) (28 years ago, 6-Aug-96, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)