 Robotics / Handy Board / 6305
Re: Memory & Sound Detection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.handyboard
Date:
Mon, 31 May 1999 00:47:54 GMT

At 08:14 PM 5/30/99 -0300, Jose Luis De Filpo wrote:

       Is there a way to remove a program from the memory of the HB
without downloading the PCode? , for example i have two programs in memory,
and i want to remove only one of them, is it possible?

Umm, not sure what exactly you are asking here. If you have programs loaded
in the HB, then you also have the pcode downloaded. At the IC prompt type
"unload filename.c" and the file will be removed from the HB.

       Also i am looking for a way to use 2 or 3 electret mics to make the
robot follow sounds, I know that is needed a preamp between mic and analog
input, but I'm not sure about the circuit to be used. Has someone tried
this?

This was done ten years ago on squirt, a very tiny MIT (olympic robot
competition era) robot. The sound was localized via the difference in
amplitude between two microphones. This circuit is in the olympic robot
building manual (A.I. Lab memo #1230)and the paper on squirt (memo #1120).
A similar circuit was used on the rug warrior, I think. That circuit is
available on the EAS site at:

http://www.hooked.net/~jfong/public/Computers/fingerboard/schematics/fb_inte
rface.pdf

I think a better (more directionally accurate) method would be to use
timing differences and use three microphones. To that end I've been
considering programming a PIC to do the timing and then just (serially?)
output the direction information to the HB.

Hope this helps, Duncan